Legendary Florida

  • Jane
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      I came across a neat website with magnificent paintings by Jackson
      Walker about scenes of Florida's history. The artist is a native
      Floridian interested in portraying Florida's past through his art. The
      site lists numerous resources on the subject of each painting and is
      in the process of becoming interactive. The paintings are currently on
      display at the Volusia County courthouse, but can be seen on the
      website.

      http://www.delandmuseum.com/legendaryflorida/index.html
    • kelly taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hello everyone,

        I know most of you use digital cameras and I have become involved with a great company that has excellent prices on prints (as little as 10 cents per 4x6) and photo service (such as completed scrapbooks and dvds) and their printing quality is awesome. The company only advertises by word of mouth, to keep their prices low, so you need to go through my website to use their services.
        the website is:
        http://www.kellytaylor.myphotomax.com/

        It is completely free to use the website and what got us to try their services is that just by signing up you can get 20 free 4x6 and 1 free 8x10. The thing my husband and I love the most is that they will store all your photos for you forever (for Free) and you can share your photos with others online. With the amount of pictures we take and we are always worried about storage and backing up our pictures because we don't want to lose all of them if our computer crashes or we have a fire in the house, or anything like that.

        Anyway, I hope you take a minute to check them out. I am just really excited about the company and what they offer. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

        Hope all is well.
        Love,
        Kelly

      • Hillmer, Jan
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
          If you like this website, you might also be interested in another site:
          http://www.christopherstill.com/murals.htm

          Christopher Still was commissioned by the Fl. House of Representatives
          for the House Chambers to paint these. Each mural is filled with an
          interesting interpretation of one aspect of Florida history. There is an
          explanation of each mural on the site.

          Jan