Contemporary Japanese Artist - Komiko McKee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Dear Art Educators (and Net Gold Members),

      Sean Grigsby posted this art site to Net Gold list (Thanks Sean - I am
      re-posting for those who may have missed it).

      Komiko S. McKee
      http://www.kumiko-art.com/

      Japanese artist now living in US. Beautiful oil paintings on masonite
      - mixing traditional Japanese culture and pattern with a contemporary
      look - rich colors. Komiko uses classical techniques to create
      realistic images that are partly abstract. Be sure to see the Koto
      Gallery - The KOTO gallery contains The Tale of Genji, Noh Mask, and
      Gion, which are paintings based on Japanese culture.

      I will be adding a link on my page of Asian art and also on the
      Japanese Collage Lesson Plan.
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/oriental.htm
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-japan.htm

      There are some nude drawings in her early works (so I will say that
      early works have a mature theme as a warning to art teachers. If I
      include the word nude, that page will be blocked on school servers).

      Incredible Art Resources