Re: [art_education] Best air dry clay to order???

  • an art teacher
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
      Here is another idea for air dried clay. Try using ModPodge after the clay pieces are built. It helps hold them together and gives it a luster finish.

      an art teacher <kayjay_p@...> wrote:
      A good air dry clay is hard to find. I like Pearl Paperclay the best so far. Here is a link:

      http://www.dickblick.com/zz332/22/

      kreatvkat <kreatvkat@...> wrote:
      Hello....
      I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
      which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.

      Thank you!

      ---------------------------------

      Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

      ---------------------------------

    • cen_aca_dp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
        The new Crayola air dry clay is FABULOUS!
        http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+57%2D5050

        I got some samples at state convention and used it to make the leaf project
        #80 found on United's website:
        http://www.unitednow.com/projects/projectlist.asp?PAGE=2&category=Clay

        It worked perfectly. Works like clay and air dries very hard.

        Denise Pannell
        Defiance, OH

        >===== Original Message From kreatvkat <kreatvkat@...> =====
        >Hello....
        >I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
        >which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.
        >
        >Thank you!
      • Kelli Wilke