Elementary art ideas with limited supplies (book)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2006
      Dear Art Educators,

      Cindy E. posted this to Getty list.

      I recently refound this book in my library.
      I Can Make a Rainbow by Marjorie Frank
      www.incentivepublications.com
      direct link
      http://www.incentivepublications.com/details.asp?ip=019-6

      This book has tons of ideas to do using pencil, paper, crayons and things
      you can find around the house. (CHEAP ideas)
      There are no objectives, standards included but you can add your own. No
      artists to draw from or interwoven cultural ideas but again you can add your
      own. Ideas are suitable for lower elementary but I have often added and
      embellished to stretch the ideas up to 5th grade.

      The best thing about this book is the volumn of ideas and the inexpense in
      supplies.The worst about any book like this is that there are a few
      ideas that are
      very crafty - always important to determine why you are doing a project and
      what you want the students to gain from this project. Also how can you add
      to it to deepen, broaden, enrich and challenge. Open-ended crafts can be
      valuable if the students are forced to solve problems and to come up with
      unique ideas rather than pre-determined outcomes that all look alike.
      Just thought I would pass this on. I will be adding a link to it on
      the Art on a Thread page.

      Incredible Art Resources