Best air dry clay to order???

  • kreatvkat
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2006
      Hello....
      I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
      which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.

      Thank you!
    • an art teacher
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
        A good air dry clay is hard to find. I like Pearl Paperclay the best so far. Here is a link:

        http://www.dickblick.com/zz332/22/

        kreatvkat <kreatvkat@...> wrote:
        Hello....
        I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
        which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.

        Thank you!

        ---------------------------------

      • an art teacher
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
          Here is another idea for air dried clay. Try using ModPodge after the clay pieces are built. It helps hold them together and gives it a luster finish.

          kreatvkat <kreatvkat@...> wrote:
          Hello....
          I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
          which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.

          Thank you!

          ---------------------------------

          Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

          ---------------------------------

        • cen_aca_dp
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
            The new Crayola air dry clay is FABULOUS!
            http://www.crayolastore.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CRA+57%2D5050

            I got some samples at state convention and used it to make the leaf project
            #80 found on United's website:
            http://www.unitednow.com/projects/projectlist.asp?PAGE=2&category=Clay

            It worked perfectly. Works like clay and air dries very hard.

            Denise Pannell
            Defiance, OH

            >===== Original Message From kreatvkat <kreatvkat@...> =====
            >Hello....
            >I am about to place an order for air- drying clay. Does anyone know
            >which is the best brand? I know some of them crumble easily when dry.
            >
            >Thank you!
          • Kelli Wilke