Re: high school art

  • tibdoml
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2005
      I know a lot of the art supply catalogs - Nasco, Sax, Triarco, Blick,
      will price match. You can send each catalog a supply list and ask
      them for their best price. You may be able to get a discount! I got
      20% off and free shipping at Triarco just for asking, then they
      priced my list and I saved a ton!

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Leah Korican <lbkrobar@e...>
      wrote:

      > you can get acrylics a lot cheaper than liquitex. Try dick blick.
      They
      > have a student grade brand that comes in large containers. Also
      canvas
      > boards are cheaper than stretched canvas. go for it!
      >
      > Leah
      > On Dec 8, 2005, at 9:19 PM, Carolyn McDonald wrote:
      >
      > > I teach daily high school art classes at a small school.  The
      > > administration wants me to begin a 9 wk. course teaching acrylic
      > > painting but when I quoted prices on the 6 pack 4oz liquitex
      acrylics
      > > they were horrified at the cost of supplying acrylics for 50
      students
      > > over 9 weeks.  I suggested using masonite boards with gesso
      instead of
      > > canvas.  They want me to teach acrylic painting techniques but
      the
      > > cost of supplies is a problem.  What would you suggest?

      > > Fine art shipping
      > > Fine art giclee printing
      > > Buy fine art
      > > Art education
      > > Fine art inkjet paper
      > > Fine art printing
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >
      > > ▪  Visit your group "art_education" on the web.
      > >
      > > ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      > >
      > > ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      Terms of