Re: [art_education] Prisma Color assignment

  • Dodi Schwab
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
      Cristina Coro <Cristina.Coro@...> wrote I eventually want them to do a simple
      assignment

      Hi Cristina,
      I haven't checked in for quite a while--so this reply is slow in coming. I just finished a colored pencil project with my ninth-grade class. None of them have had art before and many would prefer not to have it now! I adapted this lesson from this website:
      geocities.com/theartkids/
      click on Art Lessons 7-12--I used the lesson called "sphere drawings."
      First I had my class draw 7 circles with a compass on 81/2" x 11" paper. We worked on shading techniques with a regular pencil. Once the composition was good, the circles were redrawn on a new paper. They were asked to choose four analogous colors and shade the spheres with colored pencils. We used really cheap (15 cents a box from Wal-Mart!) pencils. I think the brand was Rose art. We were able to model them a bit with pencil erasers. This project was very hard for my class--but they came out okay. I just put them up in a highly visible hall at school. My class is enjoying all the complements they are getting!
      Dodi