PhotoShop Mac Problem

  • Marianne Galyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2005
      Any of you Mac users who use Photoshop....I need help. Recently got a second eMac for my artroom and the tech guy put PhotShop CS on it. I have a student doing independent study using PhotoShop, and the artistic filters menu keeps disappearing on her. It was originally in the drop down Filters menu, and now it isn't. Occasionally it reappears!?!? But never permanently. Of course the tech guy doesn't leave us the manual or the disk and I have tried for a week to get hold of him. I have worked quite a bit in PhotoShop, but more on PC than Mac...

      Any ideas what is going on or how to fix it?

      Thanks for your help.

      Marianne in Ohio

      Marianne Galyk
      "Paint what you are, paint what you believe, paint what you feel."
      ~Ben Shahn

    • sally_gardens
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
        Marianne,
        I don't know if you've gotten an answer to this problem yet, but here's what I think is
        happening. When the filters disappear, go to Image, pull down to Mode...When the
        image is in CMYK color mode, not all the filters are available. Change it to RGB mode
        and all your filters should appear again.
        Hope this helps!

        (I teach high school Computer Graphics.) I'm posting this to everyone since it is a
        common problem.
        Asha Jones

      • ebay@billieellisonterry.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
          That's it. You have to be in RGB mode.

          The other problem I see a lot with people trying to learn photoshop is that
          on older versions, you can't really save as any file format other than PSP
          unless you flatten your layers. It is not a problem in the latest versions.

          -Kristi

          _____

          I don't know if you've gotten an answer to this problem yet, but here's what
          I think is
          happening. When the filters disappear, go to Image, pull down to Mode...When
          the
          image is in CMYK color mode, not all the filters are available. Change it to
          RGB mode
          and all your filters should appear again.
          Hope this helps!

          (I teach high school Computer Graphics.) I'm posting this to everyone since
          it is a
          common problem.
          Asha Jones

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Marianne Galyk <mgalyk@y...> wrote:

          > Any of you Mac users who use Photoshop....I need help. Recently got a
          second
          eMac for my artroom and the tech guy put PhotShop CS on it. I have a student
          doing
          independent study using PhotoShop, and the artistic filters menu keeps
          disappearing
          on her. It was originally in the drop down Filters menu, and now it isn't.
          Occasionally
          it reappears!?!? But never permanently. Of course the tech guy doesn't leave
          us the
          manual or the disk and I have tried for a week to get hold of him. I have
          worked quite
          a bit in PhotoShop, but more on PC than Mac...

          > Any ideas what is going on or how to fix it?
          >
          > Thanks for your help.
          >
          > Marianne in Ohio
          >

          > Marianne Galyk
          > "Paint what you are, paint what you believe, paint what you feel."
          > ~Ben Shahn

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "art_education