Re: [art_education] textbooks

  • Charlotc
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
      Not sure what age graded 4 to 6 would be but I find the work book
      accompanying Betty Edward's Drawing on the Right side of the Brain to be
      great with the older students...

      Charlot

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        Granted, I am a homeschool mom, but I really like the Discover Art Series by
        Laura Chapman. I think she's just wonderful.

        -Kristi Gilleland

        _____

        Does anyone use a textbook to teach? I'm looking for suggestions for a
        good textbook to use for grades 4-6. (I'm really not impressed with the
        Davis text). Thanks-
        Amy

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "art_education
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • Judith Stenger
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
          Chapman's books are great, but take a look at Portfolios, by Robyn
          Montana Turner, pub. by Barrett Kendall. It is very kid friendly,
          and there is enough in it for sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.

          Judy S