textbooks

  • aj4art
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
      Does anyone use a textbook to teach? I'm looking for suggestions for a
      good textbook to use for grades 4-6. (I'm really not impressed with the
      Davis text). Thanks-
      Amy
    • Charlotc
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
        Not sure what age graded 4 to 6 would be but I find the work book
        accompanying Betty Edward's Drawing on the Right side of the Brain to be
        great with the older students...

        Charlot

        Does anyone use a textbook to teach? I'm looking for suggestions for a
        good textbook to use for grades 4-6. (I'm really not impressed with the
        Davis text). Thanks-
        Amy

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message sent using Waldonet Secure Webmail
        https://securemail.waldonet.net.mt/
      • ebay@billieellisonterry.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2005
          Granted, I am a homeschool mom, but I really like the Discover Art Series by
          Laura Chapman. I think she's just wonderful.

          -Kristi Gilleland

          _____

          Does anyone use a textbook to teach? I'm looking for suggestions for a
          good textbook to use for grades 4-6. (I'm really not impressed with the
          Davis text). Thanks-
          Amy

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "art_education
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Judith Stenger
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2005
            Chapman's books are great, but take a look at Portfolios, by Robyn
            Montana Turner, pub. by Barrett Kendall. It is very kid friendly,
            and there is enough in it for sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.

            Judy S