Re: [art_education] Digest Number 1081

  • dawn f
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      When I taught elementary I saw 750 students. I saw
      them 1 time a week for 40 minutes with 4 min in
      between classes. Last year was my rough year. I
      taught 6-7-and 8th grade along with Y-5, 1st, 2nd and
      1 multiage class. What was difficult was the elem.
      classes were for 35 minutes. I had 10 minutes to get
      from one side of the town to another and be ready to
      teach. It was hard because of the varying age groups.
      With elementary I feel like I have to do a ton of
      prep work. It was a very stressful year. This year I
      am taching middle school only and love it,
      unfortunately, I am cut to part time and they also
      make me do recess duty at the elementary--yuck. You
      take what you get when there are budget cuts. I work
      on a $1,200.00 a yr. supply budget for all of my
      students too which averages out to about $2.00 per
      kid.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/PcIolB/TM

> [...]
      > <lbkrobar@...>
      > 15. Does anyone know where I can find Spark
      > Magazine?
      > From: <ebay@...>
      > 16. Re: Re: How many students?
      > From: Mikel Lee <mikellee31@...>
      > 17. Re: How many students?
      > From: Nelarte@...
      > 18. Re: How many students?
      > From: bruthrobson@...
      > 19. RE : Does anyone know where I can find
      > Spark Magazine?
      > From: coppens jean-pierre
      > <coppensjeanpierre@...>
      > 20. 3d or not 3d
      > From: "aliteachesart"
      > <abenton@...>
      > 21. Nicholas Jones - Sculptural Altered Books
      > (link)
      > From: Judy Decker <judy.decker@...>
      > 22. question about copyright + art
      > From: "Hillmer, Jan"
      > <hillmjan@...>
      > 23. RE: How many students?
      > From: "Paige Conn" <paigec@...>

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:18:50 -0000
      > From: "aj4art" <aj4art@...>
      > Subject: How many students?
      >
      > Hi All-
      > Just wondering what is a "normal" number of students
      > per week. I teach
      > K-6 (in two buildings), and see approximately 700
      > students a week. I'm
      > feeling very overwhelmed and stressed out.
      > Everything (attitudes, poor
      > behavior, etc.) seems to be getting on my nerves.
      > How many do you see?
      > Thanks-
      > Amy

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 09:54:34 EST
      > From: smjahnle@...
      > Subject: Re: How many students?
      >
      > Hi Amy - I teach K through 8 to about 635 students
      > this year (our enrollment
      > is down from 660 last year). I hear you about being
      > stressed and overwhelmed,
      > and have also seen behavior problems in the four
      > years that I've been
      > teaching art. However, I'm having my best school
      > year ever this year - less stress,
      > great student artworks, a new art club - because I
      > made a decision not to
      > allow myself to be stressed! I got myself, my
      > curriculum, my classroom, supplies,
      > and a system of classroom management super organized
      > and ready this past
      > summer. I find now that I have time to work with
      > individual students more than
      > ever before and that interaction is so rewarding and
      > fun! We are entering
      > contests and beginning to get ready for our first
      > student art show in February, and
      > I plan to have at least one artwork from each
      > student. Sandy J

      > removed]

      > Message: 3
      > Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:08:52 -0600
      > From: "Gray, Ann" <gray.ann@...>
      > Subject: RE: How many students?
      >
      > I see 650 students every 3 days, then start over. I
      > have gotten used to it, but there are certainly days

      === message truncated ===

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/