Colored Pencil Lessons - cubism and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      A popular lesson with colored pencils is cubism. This can be done on
      white paper or black for interesting effects.

      Students draw a still life - portrait - animals - whatever - then
      fracture the picture with straight lines breaking it up into many
      shapes. The shapes are shaded lighter to darker - or darker to
      lighter. Subtle contrasts are developed so shapes show up.

      I don't have this lesson on Incredible Art Department, but it has been
      around for a long time. I found the gist of it here:
      http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/lessons/richards10.htm

      The Colored Pencil Challenge site might interest you:
      http://cpchallenge.com/index.html

      Also check out this site:
      http://www.borgesonstudio.com/

      Enter colored pencil tutorial in Google and you will get more ideas.

      Incredible Art Resources