learning activities for ceramics

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Students could keep a sketchbook where they could work on ideas for projects, print
      textures, do nature and color studies etc. You could make it as free or structured as you
      want and have them turn it in for participation grades or do a rubric for each entry. They
      could find articles on their own or attatch magazine and catalog photos of work they
      admire/ use as inspiration. Ali
    • Kristina
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi ali,

        I have a couple questions if you have the time to answer...

        > Students could keep a sketchbook

        what kind of sketchbook do YOU use...or do you make one, if so how involved
        in the making of a sketchbook do you get?

        snip

        > do a rubric for each entry.
        And could you share a sample of a rubric for a sketchbook

        Kristina
        coming out of the dark ages to
        teach 9-12 2nd semester
      • aliteachesart
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2005
          Sorry Kristen I don't actually make the sketchbooks- I teach Elementary! In a perfect world
          I would do these w/ my kids- if I saw them enough. In college we kept a sketch book of
          ideas and studies and handed them in only once. I liked it. Ali