Re: [art_education] Learning Activities in Conjunction with Studio Projects

  • Tanya Riehle
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2005
      With my ceramic students I have them create their own studio. They have an
      budget of 10,000 and get to go through the clay catalogs and order supplies
      and equipment. I usually do this when they decide that they don't "feel"
      like throwing on the wheel. I give them a week to do it, they really seem
      to like it. They also have to design their studio I tell them that the
      sinks and all electrical are there so all they have to do is buy the
      supplies from the catalogs. They get a new appreciation for the clay room
      and how much stuff costs in the room!!!

      Tanya
    • Kiersten M. Bram
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2005
        Tanya - I love that idea!

        Kiersten Bram, Art Instructor
        Laurel Woods Elementary School
        410-880-5960
        Kiersten_Bram@...
      • Joe Cox
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2005
          Hi All,

          I'm sorry. I normal include what grade I am referring to, but I forgot. I teach high shcool 9-12.

          Blessings,
          Joe

          Joe Cox <jcox0008@...> wrote:
          Hello All.

          I am in need of some advise on coming up with meaningful learning activities
          to be used in conjunction with studio projects that can be graded for my
          ceramic class. I am looking for some ideas that involve written work
          dealing with ceramic. Our projects so often take longer than expected and I
          am left with only one maybe two grades for the time span of a two to three
          weeks once something is glazed fired. I am on a really tight budget and
          don't want to eat up all my allotted copies running off copies of articles,
          but that is what I am leaning towards. Any ideas or suggestions would be
          appreciated. I don't want this to sound like I am looking for busy work,
          just some meaning learning activities dealing with ceramic that can go along
          with studio projects. Thanks and I hope everyone's year is going well.

          Blessings,
          Joe

          Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

        • sagara_putri
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2006
            My name is Marina Kecman, I live in Belgrade, Serbia and I'm a "new"
            art teacher.
            I teach drawing and some theory lectures in a school for creative
            technologies, mostly oriented to 3D.
            The school should become a college this autumn, so I shall teach
            drawing and painting there, as well.
            I'm happy I found this group, so I can share experiences with teachers
            and professors all around the world.