Re: [ArtsEducators] I may have passed a virus along-please read

  • The Austin's
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
      THIS IS NOT A VIRUS!!!! It is a file that is on almost all windows files -
      it is one that allows you to save long file names, or something along this
      line. Do a search and find out how to restore it. It is a really nasty
      prank, since almost all windows users have this file and so think they have
      this virus. Got me last year!
      ~Michal

      > Dear friends,
      > We just received a message from a friend
      > informing us that his computer got a virus through the e-mail system. As
      it
      > attaches to mail lists you may also be infected. I checked my C drive
      > and found that I had got it too. Here is the info on how to eradicate it.
      It
      > lies dormant for 14 days and then kills your hard drive. It is
      particularly
      > nasty as it bypasses all the most common anti-virus, so please, check your
      computer!

      > 2) In the "search for files or folders" box type
      > sulfnbk.exe- this is
      > the virus.

      ---
    • D. Camp
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
        For more information regarding this virus hoax and information on how to restore the file visit http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html  The information on this site is provided by symantec the maker of Norton Anti-virus software.
        Diana
        THIS IS NOT A VIRUS!!!! It is a file that is on almost all windows files -
        it is one that allows you to save long file names, or something along this
        line. Do a search and find out how to restore it. It is a really nasty
        prank, since almost all windows users have this file and so think they have
        this virus. Got me last year!
        ~Michal

        Dear friends,
        > We just received a message from a friend
        > informing
        us that his computer got a virus through the e-mail system. As
        it

        attaches to mail lists you may also be infected. I checked my C drive

        and found that I had got it too. Here is the info on how to eradicate it.
        It
        > lies dormant for 14 days and then kills your hard drive. It
        is
        particularly
        > nasty as it bypasses all the most common anti-virus,
        so please, check your
        computer!

        > 2) In the "search for files
        or folders" box  type
        > sulfnbk.exe- this is
        > the
        virus.

        ---

      • D. Camp
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
          For more information regarding this virus hoax and information on how to restore the file visit http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html  The information on this site is provided by symantec the maker of Norton Anti-virus software.
          Diana
          THIS IS NOT A VIRUS!!!! It is a file that is on almost all windows files -
          it is one that allows you to save long file names, or something along this
          line. Do a search and find out how to restore it. It is a really nasty
          prank, since almost all windows users have this file and so think they have
          this virus. Got me last year!
          ~Michal

          Dear friends,
          > We just received a message from a friend
          > informing
          us that his computer got a virus through the e-mail system. As
          it

          attaches to mail lists you may also be infected. I checked my C drive

          and found that I had got it too. Here is the info on how to eradicate it.
          It
          > lies dormant for 14 days and then kills your hard drive. It
          is
          particularly
          > nasty as it bypasses all the most common anti-virus,
          so please, check your
          computer!

          > 2) In the "search for files
          or folders" box  type
          > sulfnbk.exe- this is
          > the
          virus.

          ---

        • Ken Rohrer
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
            All,
            As a rule, almost all notes via e-mail that warn of
            viruses are hoaxes. You can read of legitimate viruses
            in the newspapers and hear about them on TV. In
            addition, you can visit the websites of major
            protection companies and check it out. Be especially
            wary of mail which tells you to remove files on your
            computer. Of course, if you are lucky enough to have a
            Macintosh, you don't have to worry about viruses too
            much.
            Ken Rohrer

            or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
          • Ken Rohrer
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
              To all members on this list we wish you happy
              holidays. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukah, or
              ramadam, we hear at the Incredible Art Department wish
              you the best and a happy new year.

              I hope the kids aren't driving you crazy the last few
              days!

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 18, 2001
                LOL! My kinders came back from Thanksgiving chanting "Only 20 more days till
                Christmas". Yes, their math was abit inaccurate, but they were definately
                reving up! :-)
                ~Michal

                > I hope the kids aren't driving you crazy the last few
                > days!
                >
                > Ken Rohrer

                ---
              • eggplant49@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 19, 2001
                  I echo Ken's wishes for a happy, peaceful, healthy holiday for all. Our kids are wired...the teachers too! LOL
                  Lynn in NJ
                • Ken Rohrer
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 23, 2004
                    However you celebrate this season, Judy and I wish you a very happy holiday!

                    Merry Christmas
                    Happy Hannakuh
                    Bain de Noêl
                    Día de Navidad
                    Svatek vanocni
                    Weihnachtstag
                    Asara B'Tevet
                    Chanukkah
                    Junkanoo
                    Happy Kwanzaa
                    Zartusht
                    Happy Rizal day
                    Happy Hogmanay
                    Omisoka
                    Gantan

                    Too many people are removing religion from this season. I think a better
                    alternative is to respect and celebrate all cultures. This list truly is
                    one or many cultures and religions.

                    Ken Rohrer
                    <http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday7.htm>
                  • Ju Sampaio-Ralha
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 23, 2004
                      Ken, Judy and all

                      I would like to wish you "Feliz Natal", that is Marry Christmas, and
                      "Feliz Ano Novo" (means Happy New Year) in portuguese, Brazil!

                      Kisses
                      Ju

                      --
                      _____________________________________
                      Profª. Me. Jurema L. F. Sampaio-Ralha

                      :: Site Pessoal ::
                      http://www.jurema-sampaio.pro.br

                      :: VidAcadêmica ::
                      http://www.vidacademica.blogger.com.br

                      :: Revista Digital Art& ::
                      http://www.revista.art.br

                      :: Pousada e Marina Nazaré ::
                      http://www.marinanazare.com.br
                      _____________________________________
                      Quem pensa por si mesmo é livre,
                      e ser livre, é coisa muito séria!
                      Renato Russo.
                    • Charlot Cassar
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 23, 2004
                        Hello everyone!

                        Il-Milied u s-sena t-tajba lil kulhadd! Thats happy Christmas and happy new
                        year to everyone in Maltese!

                        Charlot
                      • Garie Sim
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 28, 2007
                        • Ken
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 31, 2007
                            The kids look like they loved the project. It looks like they
                            celebrate Christmas in Singapore much like they do in the U.S.

                            Ken

                            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Garie Sim" <garie@...> wrote:

                            > Season's Greetings
                            > http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/x%27mas_07.htm
                            > Cheers!
                            > Garie

                          • Garie Sim
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 31, 2007
                              Thanks Ken, Happy New Year and All The Best Wishes From Singapore!
                              Regards,
                              Garie