sepcial art programs

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2005
      Hi Everyone,
      First, thanks for the ideas on rubbing in the glazes. I will be trying
      that later today.

      Second, I'd be interested in hearing about special art programs you
      might have at your school. Until last year, we had a "Meet the Masters"
      program which involved parents and the Fine Arts teachers in planning a
      day around a specific artist, the music of the period and some type of
      drama activity. Often, in drama, one or two of the parents would dress
      as the artist and give a presentation of his/her life. We also did
      tableaus of one of the artist's works. In art we'd do some mini project
      related to the artist, and in music we'd connect the artist to a
      composer and play some music games. We have to suspend this for a few
      years. Anyway, I'd like to do something along the same lines.... but
      different.

      What kinds of things do you do at your school to supplement your regular
      classroom curriculum? Doesn't someone do artist's birthday parties? If
      so, how do you make that happen? A significant consideration is that it
      takes the whole week for me to see each child. In order to give all
      children opportunities to participate, do I do parties for a week? Or
      do I do a party each month on a different day, thus catching all
      students in the 5 day rotation?

      I'd love even brainstorm style ideas!

      Thanks,
      Jan