re:curriculum mapping

  • Jodi Vanderbilt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2005
      I am also working on curriculum mapping and would be very interested in looking at what you've done.

      Jodi Vanderbilt
      Moundsview Public Schools
      Shoreview, MN
      >>> <art_education@yahoogroups.com> 10/28/05 7:24 AM >>>

      There are 10 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. animated houses
      From: "EliseSedlacko" <sedlackoe@...>
      2. RE: SAL/curriculum maps
      From: "Robin Singer" <RSinger@...>
      3. RE: SAL/curriculum maps
      From: Patricia Fort <pfort@...>
      4. rubbing glazes?
      From: "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...>
      5. Re: Curriculum Maps for K-5th Grades
      From: "Amy Gach" <gacha@...>
      6. website/video streaming
      From: "aliteachesart" <abenton@...>
      7. Re: rubbing glazes?
      From: "aliteachesart" <abenton@...>
      8. Re: Curriculum Maps for K-5th Grades
      From: "Patricia Jones Brigman" <pbrigman@...>
      9. Re: Re: rubbing glazes?
      From: "BGSU" <mbailin@...>
      10. On requesting files from list members....
      From: Judy Decker <judy.decker@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:07:11 -0400
      From: "EliseSedlacko" <sedlackoe@...>
      Subject: animated houses

      Yes, please, if anyone has any examples, post them. I'll be starting this lesson in a few weeks and would love to have student examples.

      Message: 2
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:47:07 -0500
      From: "Robin Singer" <RSinger@...>
      Subject: RE: SAL/curriculum maps

      I would love a copy too! rsinger@... thank you, robin

      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:10:14 -0400
      From: Patricia Fort <pfort@...>

      >I would love a copy too!
      >thank you- p. fort

      Message: 4
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:45:03 -0400
      From: "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...>
      Subject: rubbing glazes?

      Hi everyone,

      I have a question about glazing, and you all have great ideas. My 3rd
      grade made some cute little pots and pressed shells and other 'nature'
      into them as a form of decoration. I'd like to get a stained/rubbed
      effect - like when you use paint and then rub it away so it only remains
      in the depressions. However, the kids want to glaze so that they can
      drink/eat from these little pots. Can they paint a dark glaze over
      part and then rub away... then use clear glaze on top? Any better
      ideas?

      Jan

      Message: 5
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:54:21 -0400
      From: "Amy Gach" <gacha@...>
      Subject: Re: Curriculum Maps for K-5th Grades

      i would like a copy - gacha@... thanks

      Amy Gach
      Art Teacher
      South Lyon Community Schools

      email:
      gacha@...

      please note our url change

      >>> mikellee31@... 10/19/2005 9:43:36 PM >>>
      My district has completed maps for all grade levels. I
      cannot access them online, but I can recreate them for
      you or mail you a photocopy. We are the putnam city
      schools in oklahoma city. - Mikel

      --- gj5cents <jnickel@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone completed curriculum maps for grades
      > K-5th? If so are any
      > of you willing to share them with me? I have been
      > working on
      > curriculum mapping for 5 years (on and off) and I am
      > interested in
      > seeing what other people/school district find is
      > importatnt to teach
      > elementary students and at what time they introduce
      > various skills and
      > information.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Jean Nickel
      > Olean City Schools
      > Olean,New York

      Message: 6
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:25:43 -0000
      From: "aliteachesart" <abenton@...>
      Subject: website/video streaming

      They might be confused that you want a web cam; rater than bits and pieces of kids
      creating and showing product. If they understand they should support you, help and
      celebrate rather than shoot you down. People are scared of technology (my hand is raised)
      and are worried about student safety. Maybe if you make an old fashioned story board so
      the higher ups can see... otherwise just make it and then ask for permission before you
      put it on the web.

      Message: 7
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:30:36 -0000
      From: "aliteachesart" <abenton@...>
      Subject: Re: rubbing glazes?

      --->
      Can they paint a dark glaze over
      > part and then rub away... then use clear glaze on top? Any better
      > ideas?

      > Jan
      Yes, or you can use underglaze as a stain before clear glaze. Do a tester first to see what
      works best. You could also just glaze the inside of the pots to make them hold liquid. Ali

      Message: 8
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:23:46 -0500
      From: "Patricia Jones Brigman" <pbrigman@...>

      I, too, would love to have this. pbrigman@...

      Patti Brigman
      Art Teacher
      Walker Elementary

      > My district has completed maps for all grade levels. I
      > cannot access them online, but I can recreate them for
      > you or mail you a photocopy. We are the putnam city
      > schools in oklahoma city. - Mikel
      >
      > --- gj5cents <jnickel@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Has anyone completed curriculum maps for grades
      > > K-5th? If so are any
      > > of you willing to share them with me? I have been
      > > working on
      > > curriculum mapping for 5 years (on and off) and I am
      > > interested in
      > > seeing what other people/school district find is
      > > importatnt to teach
      > > elementary students and at what time they introduce
      > > various skills and
      > > information.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Jean Nickel
      > > Olean City Schools
      > > Olean,New York

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message: 9
      Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:52:10 -0400
      From: "BGSU" <mbailin@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: rubbing glazes?

      Have them use an underglaze first. Maybe they can sponge paint it on. Then, put a clear coat over it. Sometimes, overglazes don't mix very well, so that may not be a good idea, but you can always do tests!
      Meghan
      > part and then rub away... then use clear glaze on top? Any better
      > ideas?

      > Jan
      Yes, or you can use underglaze as a stain before clear glaze. Do a tester first to see what
      works best. You could also just glaze the inside of the pots to make them hold liquid. Ali

      Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

      Message: 10
      Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:21:08 -0400
      From: Judy Decker <judy.decker@...>
      Subject: On requesting files from list members....

      Dear Art Educators,

      Please...... When you want a file that a list member has offered,
      email them privately OFF LIST - let them know what file it is that you
      want. It is VERY easy to send an off list message from the list site -
      or simply copy and paste the senders email address into your "To"
      line.

      To members offering files.... You can save yourself a LOT of time by
      simply putting the file in the Files section of Art Education web site
      - OR send it to me and I will put it in the Files section for you.
      Wouldn't it be much simpler to only send your file to ONE person (me)
      - instead of forwarding your files to all who request?

      To members asking for files to be sent.... Do not have any expectation
      of receiving the files as the offer was made to one individual..... If
      you do receive the file from the list member be sure to thank them for
      it. I personally no longer forward files as it takes a lot of time and
      very few ever thanked me for the files they received (go figure).

      For those who want to know "What's up with Judy?".... I am out here
      reading.... but am answering off list. I have been very busy with my
      new sewing machine... I imagine after the novelty wears off, I will be
      back on line more. Right now I have been making warm, snugly things to
      wear this winter as I intend to keep the temperature low.... I do plan
      to use my machine for art, too. I like making fabric applique -
      haven't done that in a long time. My old machine was on the fritz for
      years.

      Cheers,