icky moldy tempera

  • anna k. ball
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2005
      Any hope for moldy tempera paints? I can scrape some of it, but some looks
      like solid mold.

      thanks--
      anna (new teacher) in South Dakota
    • Kidlfrndly@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2005
        hi there,

        Toss that moldy paint- it really isn't healthy for anyone to breathe, and
        some kids may be allergic to mold. Even if they aren't, if it smells bad they
        will be sure to let you know,and saving the paint is never worth listening to
        the complaints. When I was student teaching, a veteran teacher told me a
        horror story about one of those older bottles of paint (I think it was the older
        Binney and Smith- the aqua colored hourglass shaped bottles with the white
        tops) growing mold or something so badly that it exploded in the cabinet. That had
        to be something to clean up.
        ;) Lisa