Re: Grades and Year groups

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      We do have several members in the UK. The US is
      similar. However, each state may have slightly
      different requirements. Generally, age groups are as
      follows:

      Kindergarten- Age 5
      1st Grade- Age 6
      2nd Grade- Age 7
      3rd Grade- Age 8
      4th Grade- Age 9
      5th Grade- Age 10
      6th Grade- Age 11
      7th Grade- Age 12
      8th Grade- Age 13
      9th Grade- Age 14
      10th Grade- Age 15
      11th Grade- Age 16
      12th Grade- Age 17

      Typically, the high school senior will turn 18 at some
      point during their senior year.

      Ken