middle school schedules

  • missartladyva
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      In my county the middle school exploratory schedule is broken up by
      grade. The sixth graders are on a seven week rotation between five
      different classes: Art, Family and Consumer Science, Informational
      Technology, Music, and Technology Education.
      The seventh grade students are on a nine week rotation between: Art,
      Family and Consumer Science, Informational Technology, and
      Technology Education. Students who are in band or choir in the
      seventh and 8th grade do not get to take any of the other course
      offerings. (A draw back to the schedule since many kids with music
      interests are also usually quite artistically creative.)
      The eighth grade students then choose two courses for a semester
      rotation. Again, between the offerings of Art, Family and Consumer
      Science, Informational Technology, and Technology Education. The
      eighth grade is the only graded course to allow for the kids to
      explore their interest in the middle school years.
      All my classes are on a Block Schedule. The students rotate on an
      A/B day rotation. On one day they have PE and then on the alternate
      day they go to their Exploratory class. The class blocks are 81
      minutes in length.

      The Art Lady
      Miss Holly Bess Kincaid
      Dublin Middle School
      Dublin, VA

      "Draw a crazy picture, Write a nutty poem,
      Sing a mumble-gumble song, Whistle through your comb.
      Do a loony-goony dance 'Cross the kitchen floor,
      Put something silly in the world That ain't been there before."
      -- Author: Shel Silverstein