Re: [art_education] Re:middle school specials schedules

  • Kelli Wilke
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
      Our 6th graders are divided up into 6 six-week sessions. So I see all the 6th graders but for only 6 consecutive weeks out of the year. It works okay, but it would be better than only one day every so often.

      Kelli Wilke

      jscofiel@... wrote:
      > Judy we are having a big problem transitioning our sixth graders from an
      elementary schedule to a miidle school schedule. the students are only
      getting 1 day of art every 6 day cycle. any suggestions to maybe squish
      the days to come more often but for only half a year? any suggestions
      wuold be great. thanks Jeannie from NY
      Greetings Art Educators,

      > Nancy Walkup posted this to Getty list:
      >
      > Art: 21 - Art in the Twentyfirst Century:
      > http://www.pbs.org/art21/index.html
      > "Each one-hour program for Season Three has been loosely organized
      > around a theme—Power, Memory, Play, and Structures—that can help
      > audiences analyze, compare and juxtapose the artists profiled.
      >
      > "The 18 contemporary artists featured in Season Three demonstrate the
      > breadth of artistic practice across the country. Their art is a
      > dynamic collection of materials, methods, and subject matters that
      > provoke curiosity, dialogue, and debate."
      >
      > From Nancy (School Arts' Editor)
      >
      > Some of you may be familiar with PBS' Art:21 program about contemporary
      > art.
      > SchoolArts is going to be featuring it each issue next year but there are
      > some great materials for it already online. You can find the Educator's
      > Guide and Online Lesson Library at
      > http://www.pbs.org/art21/education/teachingmaterials/
      >
      > There are also videos and DVDs available. This will be the third year
      > of the program and I know lots of universities use the materials. They
      > are certainly suitable for high
      > school, as well.
      > FYI - Nancy has put out an "all call" for Altered Books lesson
      > write-ups for School Arts - Check the site for details on submitting
      > articles.
      > http://www.davis-art.com/schoolarts/index.asp
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Judy Decker
      > --
      > Incredible Art Department
      > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
      > Incredible Art Resources

      Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing Fine art appraisal