Identify Interesting Architecture

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
      I have been asked to identify the background in the photo I just posted
      to the photos section of the group home page. If anyone recogizes the
      building, let me know. You can either see it by clicking on the Photos
      link on the group home page at:

      or by viewing the link at:

      nm=Maybach_DSH.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%
      3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education/lst%3f%26.dir=/%
      26.src=gr%26.view=t

      The link above may not completely link, so it might be better to copy
      and paste the link in your browser.

      Ken
    • familyerickson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
        Ken,
        My husband the architect and his team of architecture history buffs are
        working on identifying the building.
        They have asked if you have any clues......who took the photo? country?
        anything?
        Cindy Erickson

        <<<<<I have been asked to identify the background in the photo>>>>
      • Ken Rohrer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
          Cindy,

          I received this e-mail that explains all I know:

          I'm an editor, and I'm working on a book containing an
          uncaptioned photo of a prewar car parked in front of a
          very unusual building in Europe. The author does not
          know where the photo was taken. Since the book is
          about cars, not architecture, we don't even know the
          building's style in order to do more research.

          I have a digital image of the photo. Can you point me
          toward anyone who is an expert in prewar European
          architecture and who might be willing to take a look
          at the image and try to identify the location?

          Thank you,

          Alison Tartt
          Editor
          Classique Car Library