Architecture Education Resources - Free Lessons!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      It will be some time before I get this linked to my site...Thought it best
      to share with you now.

      Here is news on lesson plans using architecture as an interdisciplinary tool
      to teach
      art, history, math, science, and language arts for grades K-8.

      Dear 'Incredible Art Department' resources staff,

      Greetings from Chicago and the Chicago Architecture Foundation! Thank you
      so much for finding our new publication, "Schoolyards to Skylines: Teaching
      with Chicago's Amazing Architecture" www.architecture.org/schoolyards and
      adding it to your thorough website.

      Yes, "Schoolyards to Skylines" is for purchase, but we are happy to announce
      that we have recently added five FREE lesson plans (as PDFs) to our website.
      We would be most appreciative if you could update your site
      www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/architec.htm to include this
      information / text.

      Our lessons plans use architecture as an interdisciplinary tool to teach
      art, history, math, science, and language arts for grades K-8. They can be
      found within the "Schoolyards to Skylines" site listed above, and include
      teacher background information, images, student handout pages, resource
      suggestions, vocabulary, and links to academic standards.

      The FREE lesson plans included are:

      - Frank Lloyd Wright's Windows
      - Historic Homes and Famous Chicagoans
      - Rooftop Gardens
      - Construction Workers
      - Shadows and Skyscrapers

      Sincerely,

      Jennifer Masengarb
      Education Department
      Chicago Architecture Foundation
      224 South Michigan Avenue
      Chicago, Illinois 60604
      312.922.3432 ext. 246
      www.architecture.org

      Note to Jennifer: I am behind on link updates to the site....but wanted to
      get the word out to art educators now. I will be updating the link soon.