Re: [art_education] hi --interview online-- asap

  • tpersis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
      thank you for responding....

      it reinforces the fact that we, including myself need to look at the
      following:
      (which is another part of my paper).....

      :Art educators can decrease the amount of gender biased artwork within their
      classroom in several ways. Pop-culture should be looked at and analyzed
      within the elementary art room in order for students to see gender
      differences. Likewise, critiques should happen as frequently as possible
      whereby girls and boys artwork is equally appreciated for their unique and
      similar qualities. All children should be presented with critical thinking
      activities that may enable them to surpass stereotypical ideas (Tuman,
      Lecture 2001).
    • Judi Vokes
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
        -
        hi this is tracy, teaching 3-5, 3 years and conducting online
        interview--
        have already interviewed lots of people, but if you get this email int
        he
        next two days would love answrs to the following questions:

        name:Judith Vokes
        where do you teach: Fort Mill, South Carolina
        for how long:12 years here, 9 in Charleston, SC, 2 in Hamilton Ohio and
        1 in Vermillion, SD and York, SC (25 total)(2 yrs. Elementary, 18 years
        in middle school and 2 years split 5th and high school..presently high
        school)
        and then answer questionS according to the following paragraph...

        I WILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOR YOU. SON'T WANT TO GIVE A QUICK
        ANSWER IF IT IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES. WILL ANSWER SOON.

        In the course of my research I will attempt to investigate gender over
        the
        span of the last 25-30 years as it effects/has effected the subject
        matter of
        student artwork. I will limit the age group of the study by examining
        grades
        3-6 only. How does boys' vs. girls' artwork currently differ in subject
        matter and use of elements? How did it differ twenty five years ago?
        What
        are the similarities of subject matter among girls then, and girls now?
        If
        there are found changes, what are the determining factors? One way in
        which I
        will go about researching this topic is to interview art educators who
        were
        in the field twenty-five to thirty years ago, by developing a
        questionnaire.
        The questionnaire will contain questions concerning subject matter as
        well as
        teaching styles and methodologies.

        thanks!

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • tpersis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
          thank you- your information would be appreciated since most of my interviews
          are form nj and ny area at this point...
          the paper is near completion but i am willing to make corrections and
          adjustments..