How to READ a Painting - and AP Curriculum help

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Art Criticism was a recent topic on ArtsEdNet.

      Judie reminded me of the site "How to READ a Painting".
      http://www.kcsd.k12.pa.us/~projects/critic/
      I have had this link on my site for a number of years, but since so many
      don't use my resources, I have added a link to Incredible Art Department.
      You will find links to this lesson on both Middle School Lesson Plan page
      and High School Lesson Plan page (at the top). It includes objectives, the
      process (handout for students), an assessment tool - and examples of student
      writing (pretty impressive for 6th graders).

      For those looking for help with your AP Curriculum (several had that listed
      on the survey).
      From Judie:
      I understand there is a new Teacher's Guide for AP Studio Art in the works.
      Information can also be accessed from the CollegeBoard Website--links are
      below. (There is also a list serve you might want to join.)

      Visit AP Central(tm) - The online resource for teachers, schools, colleges,
      and education professionals--
      http://apcentral.collegeboard.com

      To update your preferences, search the archives or post messages online,
      visit
      http://lyris.collegeboard.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?site=collegeboard&enter=ap-st
      udio

      >If you need help using Lyris web interface go to:
      http://www.lyris.com/lm_help/4.0/WebInterfaceforUsers.html

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk