BULLETIN BOARD IDEAS

  • tmwillis72
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
      I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for bulletin boards? I want to
      do something a little more interesting than last year.

      I thought about each month putting up different birthdays but that
      might get to be a lot once the year gets into full swing.

      One thing I am going to try this year is a reflection corner. I have
      set up in my room a space where there is books, picture visuals,
      puzzles and reflection forms where the kids have to write about their
      choices as artist. I posted a sign above the form that reads

      Today I am a better artist because...

      Also I was wondering if anyone would be interested in posting pictures
      of what there rooms look like. I know that when I was setting up my
      room I would have loved seeing what other art teachers have done.

      Tammy
    • SERGIOLORA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
        Hope that this links will help:

        _Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators - Bulletin Board Ideas and Links_
        (http://school.discovery.com/schrockguide/bulletin/index.html)

        _Fall Bulletin Boards | Classroom Decor_
        (http://www.teachnet.com/how-to/decor/fallbbs070699.html)

        _2001 Bulletin Boards Library (complete list )_
        (http://www.teachnet.com/how-to/decor/bboards/index.html)

        _Bulletin Boards across the World - ideas for classroom teachers_
        (http://www.gigglepotz.com/bulletin.htm)

        _Bulletin Boards & Displays_
        (http://www.read180.00freehost.com/displays.htm)

        _ProTeacher! Bulletin board ideas for making bulletin boards that teach for
        the elementary classroom teacher in grades K-5._
        (http://www.proteacher.com/030004.shtml)

        _Bulletin Board Ideas_
        (http://www2.clayton.k12.ga.us/OLD/edusvc/instruct/bulletinboards/)

        “Soyons rèalistes, demandons l'impossible!”

      • Susan Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005
          Tammy, Could you let 3 -5 upper grade students research an artist or style of art and make a collaborative bulletin display? You can have starting points for them, like posters, quotes,etc. If needed, give them the option of only filling up half the bulletin board. If you plan to leave the display up for two weeks, you could have the next group start working on their display during the 2nd week so that it will be ready to put up when the first one comes down. If your schedule won't permit lunch time meetings it could make it a little tough logistically. Creating Illustrations for books or poems would be fun. Susan