Re: [art_education] Survey for Incredible Art Department

  • Renah Bell
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2003

      Hi,
      I guess this is the way to get the answers to you:
      1) middle school
      2)yes
      3)yes
      4)yes I don't know how to save on PDF's or what that is, but I do save the material in a folder in email program. Perhaps I'll save a hard copy when I learn how. Yes. I definitely want to be able to print the plans for use in my classroom.
      By the way, I love the rubricks and how they are presented. It's a new concept that was just introduced in my school, and I think it is a great idea. Let the students know in advance what we expect of them and what their grades are based on. It helps me with my grading, too.
      5) I have no access to the technology. The computer room is always busy with classes and there is no time for me to bring my classes in. Therefore, b) would be very useful to me.
      I'd also love to see a list of materials and concepts that should be introduced to middle school kids. We don't have the subject immersion that most schools have . We see the kids once a week for 40 minutes, so they are very behind in what I'd love them to learn. I'm amazed at what the teachers are getting from their students based on their webpages. I have to try to compensate for our lack of classroom time.
      6) As I've mentioned before, Yaakov Agam and his kinetic art,  and "Sholom of Tzefat" for his patterned primitives.
      7)yes
      8)Israeli, and known Jewish artists. I have a special interest because I teach in a Jewish day-school. Also story illustrations using artists whose work tells a story interests me-there are so many. I'd like some introduction to abstract art, which the students think is just putting anything where they want it. I love the mandalas. We have done masks of plaster bandage material formed on the kids' faces, but that is so messy! Any other suggestions for "living masks"?
      9)yes
      10)all
      11)yes
      12)lots of colorful, fun, and innovative ideas. Crayola has a good site.
      Renah Bell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
        >>> JDecker@... 05/31/03 10:03 AM >>>
        The purpose of this survey is to help Incredible Art Department better serve
        your needs. I want to know where I need to put my focus this summer.
        Fill out when you have time. Return to Jdecker@...

        1.What is your grade level? (delete ones that do not apply)
        middle school

        2. Do you use Incredible Art Department?
        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
        yes

        3. Do you use Incredible Resources?
        yes

        4. Do you use the lesson plans on Incredible Art Department?
        yes

        Would you like to be able to print the plans to use in your classroom?
        yes, some of them

        Do you prefer to save the plans to file and edit to your needs?
        yes - never enough time in the school day! that is what I will do this summer

        5. What kind of lesson plans would you like to see added (in what media)?
        sculpture, graphic design and painting

        6. What artists would you like to see added to the site (web resources)?
        Peter Max, Giacommetti, Vincent Van Gogh

        7. Would you like to see a project ideas pages for the artists you listed?
        yes

        8. What cultures would you like to see added to the site (web resources)?
        (you may refer to the lists that have been posted)

        9. Would you like to see project ideas pages for the cultures you listed?
        yes / no

        10. What topics in art education/classroom management interest you
        all are good ideas
        Art Night/Open house - Art History Games - Discipline - Room
        Organization
        Stress busters -- low cost/recycled project ideas - Free
        time activities

        11. Do you share Great Sites (and Incredible Artists) with your students?
        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/site_of_week/greatsite.html
        no - not enough time or computers to use in class

        12. What kinds of sites would you like to see featured on Great Sites
        graphic design studios?

        Judy Decker - Ohio
        Jdecker@...
        http://www.incredibleart.tk