Re: [art_education] What to do with early finishers?

  • maureen m
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
      Sarah,

      I have a "Creation Station" where early finishers
      can go. I have lincoln logs, magnetic/puzzle games,
      spiragraphs, felt, fancy scissors...along with the
      basics such as coloring pages. Hope this helps.
      Maureen
      Austin, Tx.

      --- sjcritzman <sjcritzman@...> wrote:

      > Hi all!
      >
      > Just looking for some ideas on what to do with
      > students who finish
      > early- What are some things I can do to 1.prevent
      > the early finishing,
      > or 2.keep them busy when they are done?
      > I have a small book collection, some building
      > blocks, and famous art
      > coloring pages, but I thought maybe someone might
      > have some better
      > ideas for the new school year!
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Sarah
      > -Wisconsin

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Carol Campbell
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
        Sarah,
        Here are some suggestions. Bring out some colored chalk and let
        the kids make a picture on your chalk board. If you have those chalk
        boards that can also take magnets,get those plastic letters and have
        them spell out art vocabulary words.
        I am also going to make a lot of shapes out of cardboard, attach
        those magnet strips to each and let the kids create a picture on the
        back of two metal cabinets which are side by side. My last one is
        that I have a big box of superhero comics and I let them pick a comic
        to read. Good luch with this endevor!!!!

        ...Carol-joyuzsong

        --- sjcritzman <sjcritzman@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > Just looking for some ideas on what to do with students who finish
        > early- What are some things I can do to 1.prevent the early
        > finishing,
        > or 2.keep them busy when they are done?
        > I have a small book collection, some building blocks, and famous
        > art
        > coloring pages, but I thought maybe someone might have some better
        > ideas for the new school year!
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Sarah
        > -Wisconsin

        "Art, like morality, consists by drawing the line somewhere."
        - G.K. Chesterton
      • bruthrobson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2005
          Ah Paige I am so jealous.
          I studied for a week with Dan Gerhartz in Fredericksburg.
          I would be soooo broke if I lived there.
          Have you taken any classes at the Bush's workshops?
          Brenda