RE: [art_education] HS Lesson Plan: Shatterd Values - by Marianne Galyk

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      My 5th grade creates a simplified version of this. They trace their
      hands 3 times, overlapping is fine. Then they draw 3-5 lines from one
      side of the paper to another, breaking up the largest spaces. The
      students shade each space with colored pencils. I encourage my students
      to figure out their own 'rule' for shading - for example, darkest
      towards the middle of the page or darkest towards the bottom. Then they
      pick out a color group and shade! We start this early in the year and
      keep it available to work on as other projects are completed - instead
      of 'free art.'

      Jan