Re: [art_education] hi --interview online-- asap

  • tpersis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
      thanks that would be helpful....
      also helpful,though time consuming is if you could email pictures of these
      old samples..
      I have had diffiuclty so far obtaining any, since i have done phone
      interviews.....
      thanks for any info/advice...
      tracy
    • eggplant49@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
        In a message dated 12/2/2001 3:54:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, tpersis@... writes:

        name:
        Lynn H. Slotkin
        where do you teach:
        Mountainside NJ
        for how long:
        11 years
        and then answer questiosn according to the following paragraph...

        In the course of my research I will attempt to investigate gender over the
        span of the last 25-30 years as it effects/has effected the subject matter of
        student artwork. I will limit the age group of the study by examining grades
        3-6 only. How does boys' vs. girls' artwork currently differ in subject
        matter and use of elements?
        Girls still choose softer interpretations of themes, follow the rules, are (in general) more enthusiastic.How did it differ twenty five years ago? In 11 years, I don't see much of a change. What
        are the similarities of subject matter among girls then, and girls now? If
        there are found changes, what are the determining factors? One way in which I
        will go about researching this topic is to interview art educators who were
        in the field twenty-five to thirty years ago, by developing a questionnaire.
        The questionnaire will contain questions concerning subject matter as well as
        teaching styles and methodologies.

        Hope this helps...I taught K-8 for 9 years...now I am teaching 3-8.

      • tpersis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
          thank you for responding....

          it reinforces the fact that we, including myself need to look at the
          following:
          (which is another part of my paper).....

          :Art educators can decrease the amount of gender biased artwork within their
          classroom in several ways. Pop-culture should be looked at and analyzed
          within the elementary art room in order for students to see gender
          differences. Likewise, critiques should happen as frequently as possible
          whereby girls and boys artwork is equally appreciated for their unique and
          similar qualities. All children should be presented with critical thinking
          activities that may enable them to surpass stereotypical ideas (Tuman,
          Lecture 2001).
        • Judi Vokes
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
            -
            hi this is tracy, teaching 3-5, 3 years and conducting online
            interview--
            have already interviewed lots of people, but if you get this email int
            he
            next two days would love answrs to the following questions:

            name:Judith Vokes
            where do you teach: Fort Mill, South Carolina
            for how long:12 years here, 9 in Charleston, SC, 2 in Hamilton Ohio and
            1 in Vermillion, SD and York, SC (25 total)(2 yrs. Elementary, 18 years
            in middle school and 2 years split 5th and high school..presently high
            school)
            and then answer questionS according to the following paragraph...

            I WILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOR YOU. SON'T WANT TO GIVE A QUICK
            ANSWER IF IT IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES. WILL ANSWER SOON.

            In the course of my research I will attempt to investigate gender over
            the
            span of the last 25-30 years as it effects/has effected the subject
            matter of
            student artwork. I will limit the age group of the study by examining
            grades
            3-6 only. How does boys' vs. girls' artwork currently differ in subject
            matter and use of elements? How did it differ twenty five years ago?
            What
            are the similarities of subject matter among girls then, and girls now?
            If
            there are found changes, what are the determining factors? One way in
            which I
            will go about researching this topic is to interview art educators who
            were
            in the field twenty-five to thirty years ago, by developing a
            questionnaire.
            The questionnaire will contain questions concerning subject matter as
            well as
            teaching styles and methodologies.

            thanks!

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • tpersis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
              thank you- your information would be appreciated since most of my interviews
              are form nj and ny area at this point...
              the paper is near completion but i am willing to make corrections and
              adjustments..