Re: Museum lessons and middle school unit plan

  • jeljohns25
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      I've found a lot of lesson plans, but I'm not sure how to create a
      coherent semester or unit. I'm *really* worried about that with my
      student teaching and teaching in general..

      Also, with my museum classes I don't want to confuse the kids by
      doing one project one week and then doing something totally unrelated
      the next week, I would like to whole semester to "flow" so at the end
      of it, hopefully they have picked up some meaningful learning about
      art processes.

      -Jeni J.

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker <judy.decker@g...>
      wrote:
      > Greetings "JelJohns",
      >
      > I already gave "JelJohns" an answer off list - but decided to post a
      > shorter answer to the list to save someone else the time posting the
      > same thing....
      >
      > Incredible Art Department has all of the answers to your questions.
      > Check Elementary Lessons for the Museum job. Tweak lessons to fit
      the
      > collections of the museum.
      > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/elemlessons.html
      >
      > Check Middle School Lessons for your unit plan.... and Incredible
      Art

      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middlelessons.htm

      > For additional help - let us know more what you are looking for. I
      > have LOTS of ideas for your unit plan, but don't have time to write
      > them all down right now. I need to know more kind of materials you
      > want to use - what your interests are - and how long this unit is to
      > last.
      >
      > If you use lessons on Incredible Art Department, be sure to document
      > your source - credit the original author. I would be happy to help
      you
      > more with your unit plan. I will want to see the plan when you get
      it
      > finished. Email me off list (judy.decker@g...).
      >
      > Reminder for everyone... Please sign posts with at least your first
      > name so we know who we are "talking" to.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Judy Decker
      > --
      > Incredible Art Department