Museum lessons and middle school unit plan

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Greetings "JelJohns",

      I already gave "JelJohns" an answer off list - but decided to post a
      shorter answer to the list to save someone else the time posting the
      same thing....

      Incredible Art Department has all of the answers to your questions.
      Check Elementary Lessons for the Museum job. Tweak lessons to fit the
      collections of the museum.
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/elemlessons.html

      Check Middle School Lessons for your unit plan.... and Incredible Art
      Resources for links for reference.
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middlelessons.html

      For additional help - let us know more what you are looking for. I
      have LOTS of ideas for your unit plan, but don't have time to write
      them all down right now. I need to know more kind of materials you
      want to use - what your interests are - and how long this unit is to
      last.

      If you use lessons on Incredible Art Department, be sure to document
      your source - credit the original author. I would be happy to help you
      more with your unit plan. I will want to see the plan when you get it
      finished. Email me off list (judy.decker@...).

      Reminder for everyone... Please sign posts with at least your first
      name so we know who we are "talking" to.

      Incredible Art Resources
    • jeljohns25
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
        I've found a lot of lesson plans, but I'm not sure how to create a
        coherent semester or unit. I'm *really* worried about that with my
        student teaching and teaching in general..

        Also, with my museum classes I don't want to confuse the kids by
        doing one project one week and then doing something totally unrelated
        the next week, I would like to whole semester to "flow" so at the end
        of it, hopefully they have picked up some meaningful learning about
        art processes.

        -Jeni J.

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker <judy.decker@g...>
        wrote:
        > Greetings "JelJohns",
        >
        > I already gave "JelJohns" an answer off list - but decided to post a
        > shorter answer to the list to save someone else the time posting the
        > same thing....
        >
        > Incredible Art Department has all of the answers to your questions.
        > Check Elementary Lessons for the Museum job. Tweak lessons to fit
        the
        > collections of the museum.
        > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/elemlessons.html
        >
        > Check Middle School Lessons for your unit plan.... and Incredible
        Art
        > Resources for links for reference.

        http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middlelessons.htm

        > For additional help - let us know more what you are looking for. I
        > have LOTS of ideas for your unit plan, but don't have time to write
        > them all down right now. I need to know more kind of materials you
        > want to use - what your interests are - and how long this unit is to
        > last.
        >
        > If you use lessons on Incredible Art Department, be sure to document
        > your source - credit the original author. I would be happy to help
        you
        > more with your unit plan. I will want to see the plan when you get
        it
        > finished. Email me off list (judy.decker@g...).
        >
        > Reminder for everyone... Please sign posts with at least your first
        > name so we know who we are "talking" to.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Judy Decker
        > --
        > Incredible Art Department