Re: [art_education] Meghan

  • Heather Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2005
      Hi Meghan,

      Congrats on your first year! I hope it's a wonderful
      one!

      To the answer about the student with a lot of
      questions...do you have specific requirements listed
      for the projects anywhere? You could always have this
      kind of checklist for this student so that he/she can
      check his/her own work and then once he/she has gone
      through the list, then could ask a question. (Eg.
      Did I use two primary colors? Did I make a pattern?
      ...pertaining to the lesson)

      Just an idea...hope it helps!
      Heather

      --- BGSU <mbailin@...> wrote:

      > Hi, it's Meghan again. Once again, I am a first year
      > teacher at a middle school. I have a few
      > questions...
      > 1. My district is very small, about 1,000 students.
      > They are mostly lower middle class to middle class.
      > I am only part time, however, we NEED a full-time
      > art teacher as my class sizes are at 30 and above!!
      > Our room is incredibly small. I've talked to the
      > principal and she tells me there is NO Money. Any
      > suggestions??
      > 2. What do you do w/ the student who asks so many
      > questions or constantly needs reassurance? With
      > these big class sizes, this can be very
      > frusterating. They always want to know, is this
      > good? How do I do this? I usually make them show me
      > a decent attempt before I help. But I'm exhausted!!

      > removed]

      Heather Paquette

      http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/extra/terror/tribute/view.cgi?id=6503

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs