Welcome All New Members

  • jdecker4art
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
      Greetings New Members and All,

      I see that there are many new members. My goal when I came on to
      this list a couple years ago was to answer all questions that have
      been posted. Now that our numbers have grown to over 660 members, I
      am turning over that responsibility to all members.

      If you make a post and have not received an answer, here are some
      steps you can do.

      1. Browse Incredible Art Department Web site (do some key word
      searches on the home page. All pages with the banner heading have a
      Google search (be sure to search the site not www).
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

      2. Browse the Art Education List Archives - enter a few key words in
      your search. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education/
      Hundreds of lesson ideas have been posted.

      3. Post your question again to the list - telling us more precisely
      what you are looking for. Try to ask one question at a time.

      4. Do a Google search - enter a few key words - PLUS add
      TeacherArtExchange. This will bring up Getty list posts that will
      answer your question.

      5. Email me off list and I will see what I can find for you - but
      tell me what you have done so far so I don't just re-trace your
      steps.

      When asking for ideas for lesson plans - be sure to share back with
      us what worked and share some images with us if you can.

    • Fish
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
        I've tried removing myself from the list to stop all of these emails, however, I'm still getting them.

        jdecker4art <judy.decker@...> wrote:
[...]

        Art education High school Fine art Continuing education Fine art poster Fine art reproductions

        ---------------------------------

        Have a nice day!

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
          and click on the "Edit Membership" link near the top. You then click
          on "Leave Group." I will go ahead and unsubscribe for you.

          Ken

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Fish <fishsnflorida@y...> wrote:

          > I've tried removing myself from the list to stop all of these
          emails, however, I'm still getting them.
        • carson
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
            unsubscribe....I have computer problems

            > I see that there are many new members. My goal when I came on to
            > this list a couple years ago was to answer all questions that have
            > been posted. Now that our numbers have grown to over 660 members, I
            > am turning over that responsibility to all members.
            >
            > If you make a post and have not received an answer, here are some
            > steps you can do.
            >
            > 1. Browse Incredible Art Department Web site (do some key word
            > searches on the home page. All pages with the banner heading have a
            > Google search (be sure to search the site not www).
            > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
            >
            > 2. Browse the Art Education List Archives - enter a few key words in
            > your search. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education/
            > Hundreds of lesson ideas have been posted.
            >
            > 3. Post your question again to the list - telling us more precisely
            > what you are looking for. Try to ask one question at a time.
            >
            > 4. Do a Google search - enter a few key words - PLUS add
            > TeacherArtExchange. This will bring up Getty list posts that will
            > answer your question.
            >
            > 5. Email me off list and I will see what I can find for you - but
            > tell me what you have done so far so I don't just re-trace your
            > steps.
            >
            > When asking for ideas for lesson plans - be sure to share back with
            > us what worked and share some images with us if you can.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Judy Decker
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • carson
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
              I want to be off this list.....I have had computer prblems since I signed
              up.

              > I've tried removing myself from the list to stop all of these emails,
              > however, I'm still getting them.
              >

              > jdecker4art <judy.decker@...> wrote:
              > Greetings New Members and All,
              >
              > I see that there are many new members. My goal when I came on to
              > this list a couple years ago was to answer all questions that have
              > been posted. Now that our numbers have grown to over 660 members, I
              > am turning over that responsibility to all members.
              >
              > If you make a post and have not received an answer, here are some
              > steps you can do.
              >
              > 1. Browse Incredible Art Department Web site (do some key word
              > searches on the home page. All pages with the banner heading have a
              > Google search (be sure to search the site not www).
              > http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
              >
              > 2. Browse the Art Education List Archives - enter a few key words in
              > your search. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education/
              > Hundreds of lesson ideas have been posted.
              >
              > 3. Post your question again to the list - telling us more precisely
              > what you are looking for. Try to ask one question at a time.
              >
              > 4. Do a Google search - enter a few key words - PLUS add
              > TeacherArtExchange. This will bring up Getty list posts that will
              > answer your question.
              >
              > 5. Email me off list and I will see what I can find for you - but
              > tell me what you have done so far so I don't just re-trace your
              > steps.
              >
              > When asking for ideas for lesson plans - be sure to share back with
              > us what worked and share some images with us if you can.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Judy Decker

              > Art education High school Fine art Continuing education Fine art poster
              > Fine art reproductions

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > Have a nice day!

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • carson
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 26, 2005
                I do not see edit membership...Ive tried different screens. PLEASE HELP!!

                > and click on the "Edit Membership" link near the top. You then click
                > on "Leave Group." I will go ahead and unsubscribe for you.
                >
                > Ken
                >
                > --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Fish <fishsnflorida@y...> wrote:
                >
                >> I've tried removing myself from the list to stop all of these
                > emails, however, I'm still getting them.
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • jdecker4art
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Greetings New Members,

                  It is nice to have you with us. I am a webmaster for Incredible Art
                  Department/Incredible Art Resources. Many of you may have visited
                  the site. I post frequently to this list.

                  I would like to make a few suggestions when you post.

                  1. Sign with a least your first name. If you are a college student,
                  let us know that, too.

                  2. If your post is for a college assignment , please let us know
                  some details about the assignment.

                  3. Let me/us know if you have already looked on Incredible Art
                  Department for an answer. That way, I won't spend time posting what
                  you have already found. Lessons are not sorted out by medium on the
                  site - but you can get them to come up by doing a Google search of
                  the site.

                  4. When asking for lesson plans, let us know what grade level you
                  are looking for and let us know what kind of materials you have on
                  hand (or what kind of materials you wish to use).

                  5. When someone does answer your question, it is polite to send them
                  a "thank you" off list. It is easy to find the sender's email
                  address in the post - or you can send from the list web site. I am
                  posting from the site right now. Remember that answers to your
                  questions can take quite some time to write. Show that you value our
                  time.

                  6. Share some of your ideas too. We are always looking for fresh
                  ideas.

                  I would like to invite all of you to introduce yourselves.

                • Linda24502@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Is there a way that I can not receive so many emails regarding lessons?

                    I am just a person learning art right now, and I get a ton of emails regarding
                    technology lessons, stuff like that, can I get off that list some how?

                    Thank you!
                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                      Linda,

                      I changed your preferences to receive the daily digest. This means you
                      will only receive one e-mail a day with all the posts on it. If anyone
                      else wants to change their preferences, go to the list home page at
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education and click on "Edit
                      Membership" near the top on the left. You then select daily digest.

                      Ken Rohrer
                      IAD List Moderator

                    • Linda24502@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                        Thanks so much I certainly appreciate it!