Re: [art_education] hi --interview online-- asap

  • ARTSWIM@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
      Dear Tracy,
      I have taught art in the same grades, and school system for 26 years. I will
      look at some really old samples and view them and get back to you
    • tpersis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
        thanks that would be helpful....
        also helpful,though time consuming is if you could email pictures of these
        old samples..
        I have had diffiuclty so far obtaining any, since i have done phone
        interviews.....
        thanks for any info/advice...
        tracy
      • eggplant49@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
          In a message dated 12/2/2001 3:54:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, tpersis@... writes:

          name:
          Lynn H. Slotkin
          where do you teach:
          Mountainside NJ
          for how long:
          11 years
          and then answer questiosn according to the following paragraph...

          In the course of my research I will attempt to investigate gender over the
          span of the last 25-30 years as it effects/has effected the subject matter of
          student artwork. I will limit the age group of the study by examining grades
          3-6 only. How does boys' vs. girls' artwork currently differ in subject
          matter and use of elements?
          Girls still choose softer interpretations of themes, follow the rules, are (in general) more enthusiastic.How did it differ twenty five years ago? In 11 years, I don't see much of a change. What
          are the similarities of subject matter among girls then, and girls now? If
          there are found changes, what are the determining factors? One way in which I
          will go about researching this topic is to interview art educators who were
          in the field twenty-five to thirty years ago, by developing a questionnaire.
          The questionnaire will contain questions concerning subject matter as well as
          teaching styles and methodologies.

          Hope this helps...I taught K-8 for 9 years...now I am teaching 3-8.

        • tpersis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2001
            thank you for responding....

            it reinforces the fact that we, including myself need to look at the
            following:
            (which is another part of my paper).....

            :Art educators can decrease the amount of gender biased artwork within their
            classroom in several ways. Pop-culture should be looked at and analyzed
            within the elementary art room in order for students to see gender
            differences. Likewise, critiques should happen as frequently as possible
            whereby girls and boys artwork is equally appreciated for their unique and
            similar qualities. All children should be presented with critical thinking
            activities that may enable them to surpass stereotypical ideas (Tuman,
            Lecture 2001).
          • Judi Vokes
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
              -
              hi this is tracy, teaching 3-5, 3 years and conducting online
              interview--
              have already interviewed lots of people, but if you get this email int
              he
              next two days would love answrs to the following questions:

              name:Judith Vokes
              where do you teach: Fort Mill, South Carolina
              for how long:12 years here, 9 in Charleston, SC, 2 in Hamilton Ohio and
              1 in Vermillion, SD and York, SC (25 total)(2 yrs. Elementary, 18 years
              in middle school and 2 years split 5th and high school..presently high
              school)
              and then answer questionS according to the following paragraph...

              I WILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOR YOU. SON'T WANT TO GIVE A QUICK
              ANSWER IF IT IS FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES. WILL ANSWER SOON.

              In the course of my research I will attempt to investigate gender over
              the
              span of the last 25-30 years as it effects/has effected the subject
              matter of
              student artwork. I will limit the age group of the study by examining
              grades
              3-6 only. How does boys' vs. girls' artwork currently differ in subject
              matter and use of elements? How did it differ twenty five years ago?
              What
              are the similarities of subject matter among girls then, and girls now?
              If
              there are found changes, what are the determining factors? One way in
              which I
              will go about researching this topic is to interview art educators who
              were
              in the field twenty-five to thirty years ago, by developing a
              questionnaire.
              The questionnaire will contain questions concerning subject matter as
              well as
              teaching styles and methodologies.

              thanks!

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • tpersis@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2001
                thank you- your information would be appreciated since most of my interviews
                are form nj and ny area at this point...
                the paper is near completion but i am willing to make corrections and
                adjustments..