Re: [art_education] Complete Metalsmith Video and book - EXCELLENT resource

  • crasm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2005
      Here are some simple ideas to begin with--make handmade jewelry--it can be
      from hardware pieces, found objects, wire, mesh, plastic--there are many books
      written on non-traditional jewelry.

      You can create jewelry from clay.

      You can do simple casting--I mean simple-- from pewter

      You can use metal tooling

      Look at the crafts from Carol Duval--many can become fine art if you upscale
      the lesson.

      You can teach beading--there are so many cultural references to many of the
      beading stitches--you could do multi-media-look at African Masks..

      I believe that you should start simple -think of design projects first-that
      can buy you some time--perhaps a local jewelry artist could demonstrate and
      you watch like crazy.....

      Good Luck,
      Susan
      You are an art teacher-flexibility is our second name.....creativity of
      course, being our first.....