movies and art teaching

  • meterporris
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2005
      hi My name's peter and i am training to be a high school art teacher
      at curtin university in Perth, Western Australia(should be qualified
      by november).

      I reckon that alot of how peple think, and how they will approach art
      is effected by television shows and movies. Some movies have didsitnct
      visual styles -eg `collateral`, `Black hawk Down`, `Sin City`, and
      `the road to Perdition`.

      has anyone out there tried to teach kids about the subtleties of
      cinematic art? or has anyone tried to get their students to analyse
      movies as art? If so how did it go: were they keen? out of their
      depth? insightful? Do you have any tips on making cinematic
      art/visuality approachable to teenagers?

      thanks

      Peter