molds

  • bruthrobson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2005
      I have come to terms with the fact that I am never getting a kiln. I
      inherited one (but it is not getting hooked up for a myriad of reasons) along with a
      bunch of molds that I would like to make use of.

      I know this is fundamental but what air dry or oven baked materials can I use
      for these molds?

      Many are large, plate size and one part fits over the other.

      For instance one is an owl figure, front and back with a hole at the bottom.

      Now I realize I could pour plaster in this and have the kids paint the
      finished product but not much imagination in that.

      Could we press air dry clay in it? Instant paper mache, Sculpey?

      ANy suggestions would be appreciated!
      Brenda
      grades 1-6