Great Elementary Art (Mike Sacco and all)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      I am browsing the list members sites and thought this was a good one to
      point out to you today: Lin Altman's:
      http://www.eanes.k12.tx.us/cce/laltman/default.HTM
      Cedar Creek Elementary in Austin, Texas

      Mike was seeking help on his Georgia O'Keeffe unit the other night... I
      invite him to check out these oil pastels done by FIRST GRADERS! WOW!
      (scroll down)
      http://www.eanes.k12.tx.us/cce/laltman/KAND1.HTM

      Lin has SO many good ideas on her site.... I will be selecting many to write
      up on the ideas pages for IAD.
      If you would like to see a complete lesson plan for any of these - do let us
      know. Maybe Lin will have time to share.

      Lin's site is a Great Site for June.

      Tracy Albert has a very nice Peace Unit on her site:
      http://www.lz95.org/mw/talbert/arthome.htm Their flags are flying in
      Tasmania. Tracy's site is a Great Site for June. Tracy teaches at May
      Whitney in Lake Zurich, Illinois.

      Andy DiConte also has some Georgia O'Keeffe inspired work - and many other
      middle school ideas - Andy's site is also a Great Site for June:
      http://www.lcusd.net/lchs/adiconti/index.htm

      If you haven't checked Woody Duncan's site out - it is packed full of middle
      school lesson plans. His site has inspired many. Another Great Site for
      June: http://www.taospaint.com/ Be sure to go exploring on the Rosedale
      School site, too, for more artwork by his students. Woody is retiring this
      year - but plans to leave his site online for us.

      Remember to post your sites from time to time to get us looking at all the
      work your students have done.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk