Re: [art_education] Making stepping stones?

  • Smth06192000@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:48 AM
      We are putting stepping stones in our school garden for the very reason of
      not getting muddy while walking through the gardens. We will be using those
      inexpensive clear plastic shallow pan things you put under pots so the overflow
      doesn't go all over the place. Quick forming cement product can be mixed
      quickly in buckets and poured into these pans-they dry quickly and then pop them
      right out of the forms. I bought some pans for .89 cents at a discount store
      over the weekend. Hopefully your hardware can give you a deal on the cement.

      Also try small pizza boxes--same idea as above--to get a square stepping
      stones.

      After it is poured student can draw lightly into the stones or place flat
      object into the cement.

      Good luck!
      Maria

    • scott_tompkins@charter.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2 6:58 AM
        > Hi-- This would be a good service project for high school
        aged students or kids from Special ed/alternative prgrams
        also....local tile layers have tons of scrap/extra goodies
        after jobs.... they may be willing to do an OJT workshop
        for laying tiles, making forms, etc.... Scott