Re: Fundraiser

  • katday2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      Thank you, Marie, for sending this fundraising idea. Last year, I
      wanted to use children's art to make a calendar to sell as a
      fundraiser, but, at $1 per color copy, the cost would have meant we
      had to sell the calendar for $20 or so. Although about half my
      students don't have computers at home, I hope this idea will help
      raise a little cash for us. At the very least, knowing their art is
      being viewed by the general public should be a good motivator for my
      artists. Maybe one day we could go to the computer lab and have kids
      print off their posted work and take it home with an order form....I
      imagine my principal will insist on getting a signed waiver from each
      parent before posting work, and that sounds like a paperwork
      headache.
      Kat Day
      Nevada, MO

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Maria Smith"
      <Smth06192000@a...> wrote:
      > Hello all!
      > I wanted to let you all know about a site I have been working with
      > for several years now. The site is Artsonia. It is dedicated to
      > showcasing art work by children K-12 throughout the world. There
      are
      > so many benefits to this site. Students can see their work, and
      work
      > of children all over the world. Parents, friends and family can
      also
      > see the work. They even can leave comments for their child. What I
      > like in addition to all of that (as if that wasn't enough). Parents
      > can get the posted work printed on just about anything. I make 15%
      of
      > the profits. I have to make sure that amount is correct--it is
      either
      > 15 or 20. Last year by January I recieved a check for over $500.
      Now
    • Smth06192000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
        I failed to mention some more details for the Artsonia fundraising idea.
        When the artwork posts to the website-I print the first page of the web page
        that exhibits the individual art work. This is stapled to a letter from me
        explaining the site and the benefits. I have never had to have a waiver signed.
        The only information about the student that is mentioned on the site is the
        first name and then a series of numbers. This has never been a problem in the
        past. Certainly please follow your guidelines in your individual school
        divisions. Artsonia does send you, free of charge, a nice glossy ad (enough for each
        child) highlighting the items that can have student work printed on and
        purchased. Actually when you do it more than once you get it down to a science
        and it is easy to crank the papers out and get them to the students to take
        home. Possibly a parent could come in and go to the site in the computer lab and
        print them out for you. I am rather spoiled for I have a Dell computer,
        Internet access, photo printer, large screen projection unit and a Smart board.
        But if you get into this and you have ideas you can bang your drum in order to
        get funding. Possibly write a grant? Good luck!
        Maria

      • square1marty
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 31, 2008
          Couldn't help but notice your "fundraising" topic.
          Please remember us when you're researching EASY and profitable choices
          for your school.

          As a former art teacher, I want every child to be a winner so we
          manufacture a free magnet made from their artwork. Art teachers get
          their originals back in the same folders within a week and we NEVER
          need them again.

          Our program may not work in Title 1 situations but our TILE WALL
          project is a great choice for this situation and often there is
          government money to help fund your wall.

          Take a look at the website and if you have questions, give me a call or
          reply. I also don't want you all to think I'm advertising but I just
          can't help sharing my passion about art with you all.

          Marty - that gal who share the "freebies" each year!
        • Phillip Tatum
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 31, 2008

            Marty iuf you posted a link to this information it isnt coming through for me.   WOuld you please post this link.  I think this is a wonderful idea.

            Jane Tatum

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2008
              I wanted to let you know about Square1 as an art teacher that has used
              them the last two years. Both times I made about $1,500 for my art
              account and it's SUPER EASY!! They will send you the art paper for
              the children to use. The kids then color/paint/draw on the paper and
              it's sent back to Square1. The best thing about the whole program is
              not even really the money - ALL the kids get a free magnet with their
              art work on it!! They LOVE it! They will keep these forever. I
              don't push selling the items that are available for purchase. I just
              tell the kids that they are all getting a FREE MAGNET, and if their
              parents look at the brochure and want to order more things with their
              art on it, they can. I'm amazed every year at all the orders. The
              Jr. High art teacher told me that her art parents want her to do
              Square1 like they do at he elementary school. She's planning on going
              with Square1 this school year. Another thing - With about $4,000.00
              worth of orders, both years there was only 1 mistake. Both of those
              mistakes were taken care of very quickly and promptly. On one of the
              orders, they sent beautiful matted art work of the child and he had
              ordered a calendar. They sent the calendar immediately AND got to
              keep the matted pictures - His mom was trilled.
              Please give them a try - the kids will win!! (and you'll make money)
            • Judith Stenger
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 31, 2008
                Hi Marty,

                   I tried to download the catalog, and clicked on the mini poster, but I got a blank screen.
                Judy S

                On Jul 31, 2008, at 9:32 AM, square1marty wrote:

                Couldn't help but notice your "fundraising" topic.
                Please remember us when you're researching EASY and profitable choices
                for your school.

                As a former art teacher, I want every child to be a winner so we
                manufacture a free magnet made from their artwork. Art teachers get
                their originals back in the same folders within a week and we NEVER
                need them again.

                Our program may not work in Title 1 situations but our TILE WALL
                project is a great choice for this situation and often there is
                government money to help fund your wall.

                Take a look at the website and if you have questions, give me a call or
                reply. I also don't want you all to think I'm advertising but I just
                can't help sharing my passion about art with you all.

                Marty - that gal who share the "freebies" each year!

                Peace and Grace
                Judy

              • Phillip Tatum
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 1, 2008
                  Emily would you please post a link to the information you use?   Thanks for your help

                  Jane Tatum

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 3, 2008
                    The link for the Square1 Art Fundraising site is:
                    http://www.square1art.com/