Hi

  • kc
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2001
      Look for new lessons plans on sculpture.
    • hmarieart
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
        Hi Everyone!

        My name is Heather and I am in my sixth year of teaching high school
        art. I have a question about some classroom issues that I have
        recently been encountering and was wondering if others have been
        dealing with similar issues and have some solutions that work.

        In our system, Art is required for graduation (Yea!). There are
        always times when students don't want to do work, but for the most
        part, it has not been a major issue. However, this year, I have a
        number of students who do not want to be in an art class and in some
        cases, refuse to do the work, or choose to not follow any of the
        directions I have given. I have very high expectations of my
        students and hold them accountable (but am also flexible when I need
        to be). I am hoping that grading and my interactions with them will
        have some effect on this, but am also eager to hear how others have
        dealt with this or similar issues.

        Sincerely,
        Heather
      • Carol Campbell
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2004
          Heather,
          Do you ever have your students present their work for a group crit?
          I have found in the past that fellow students are more critical and
          tough than I ever was. Peer presure is still one of the most powerful
          forces in adolescence....make it a force for good.

          Carol-joyuzsong

          =====
          "Art, like morality, consists by drawing the line somewhere."
          - G.K. Chesterton
        • Heather Richardson
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2004
            Hi Carol,

            Thanks!  I do have them do crits.  They do self-assessments with every project, too and I find that they are usually pretty tough on themselves which is often a nice surprise.  I hope it will translate into their working time as well.

            Take care,
            Heather

            Carol Campbell <joyuzsong@...> wrote:
            Heather,
            Do you ever have your students present their work for a group crit?
            I have found in the past that fellow students are more critical and
            tough than I ever was. Peer presure is still one of the most powerful
            forces in adolescence....make it a force for good.

            Carol-joyuzsong

            =====
            "Art, like morality, consists by drawing the line somewhere."
            - G.K. Chesterton

            Heather Richardson
            Proud Fianc�e of LT Mike Paquette

            Please sign my soldier's tribute page to show your support:

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Shiva
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
              Hi, I'm shiva. first of all excuse me for my bad english.
              I'm from Tehran , Iran. I'm bachelor of science in Tehran University
              (UT) in Electerical Engineerin major. I love arts so much. and I join
              this group to introduce my country's art to everyone and khow other
              country's art . Glad to join this group and I wish I can learn s.th
              useful . :D
            • Jeff Pridie
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
                Shiva,

                Welcome to the group. I am sure all would appreciate
                you sharing your countries art forms with us. Iran
                being the cradle of civilization I am sure their is
                much you will be able to offer both from your
                countries past to the present.

                Jeff (Minnesota)

                > Hi, I'm shiva. first of all excuse me for my bad
                > english.
                > I'm from Tehran , Iran. I'm bachelor of science in
                > Tehran University
                > (UT) in Electerical Engineerin major. I love arts so
                > much. and I join
                > this group to introduce my country's art to everyone
                > and khow other
                > country's art . Glad to join this group and I wish I
                > can learn s.th
                > useful . :D

                Be a better friend, newshound, and
              • Jennifer Freck