Employment at MoLAA in Long Beach

  • Olga
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
      MoLAA

      Museum of Latin American Art

      JOB OPENINGS

      The Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach, CA, the only museum
      in the western United States exclusively dedicated to contemporary
      Latin American fine art, has JOB OPENINGS for experienced personnel.

      Great opportunity for an incumbent to live and work in a California
      beach community, while using development expertise, to help us
      realize our goal of becoming the most significant museum of its kind
      in the nation.

      JOB OPENINGS:

      „X DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT ($2-3mil+ capital campaign)
      „X DIRECTOR OF EXHIBITIONS
      „X DONOR/PROSPECT DATABASE COORDINATOR
      „X FT EDUCATION ASSISTANT
      „X PT PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
      „X FT SPECIAL EVENTS AND STORE ASSISTANT
      „X SECURITY/GALLERY ATTENDANTS (P/T & F/T)

      Salary: Assistant Positions $10/hr / Executive Positions DOE
      Full-time positions inc. benefits w/ vacation & sick leave
      Part-time positions inc. vacation & sick leave

      TO APPLY--send letter of interest and resume with salary history to:

      Olga Marquez
      Human Resources Manager

      MoLAA-(Reference Position)
      628 Alamitos Avenue, Long Beach, Ca 90802
      HR@...
      No Phone Calls Please!
      EOE
    • Ken Rohrer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        Olga,

        It's too bad you only have openings for Long Beach.
        Some of your openings have been very enticing. The
        museums around here never have any openings. Do you
        attribute this to the fact your museum is growing?

        Ken

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
          Hi, Ken:

          Yes, we are growing! It is a very exciting time for us. We are
          undergoing a capital expansion. There are two phases: Our sculpture
          garden and our actual gallery space. We are doubling our space and
          the need for certain employees is growing as some employees are being
          promoted and/or departments need more people. Visit www.molaa.org for
          more information.

          Olga

          Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:42:05 -0000