Re: GREAT Curriculum Site

  • katday2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5 6:48 AM
      Judy, thank you for sharing the curriculum sites-- the Saskatchewan
      site is clear and concise! I'm to write my curriculum by the end of
      next school year, but I want to get as much done before school starts
      as I can. I wonder if curriculums don't have to start and end with
      their own state guidelines as a foundation. Fortunately, mine begins
      with the National Standards, so it's faily, well, standard. However,
      it and other c. guides I've seen leave out how lessons foster
      cooperative skills among peers-- that seems like such an obvious
      benefit in art. Also, no guides break down curriculum by grade.
      Since development progresses so quickly at the elementary stage, this
      seems important. Our old guide, for instance, had first and second
      graders practicing simple aspects of perspective drawing. That's
      probably because our last curriculum just lumped K-4 together:
      sections for different grades but identical copy in each. I'm using
      an old copy of Understanding Children's Art for Better Education by
      Betty Horovitz to pinpoint more age-appropriate objectives. Am I
      being too complicated? I tend to do that. Kat

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, Judy Decker <judy.decker@g...>