Library of Congress - List of Collections

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      Dear Art Educators,

      David Dillard posted this to Net Gold list:

      Library of Congress Digital Collection
      http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/dli2/html/list.html

      You will find lots of images - photographs, prints, drawings. You do
      have permission to use these to inspire art.

      These collections are good for interdisciplinary units with Art and
      American History.
      Maybe even character education lessons? using photos of US Presidents?
      (they don't have GW, though).

      I intended to do a Barbara Kruger inspired collage unit with my 8th
      graders - using photo collage images and text (all done with
      Publisher). I had a printer that would print up 13 x 19. My unit was
      going to tie in character education/character words.

      I will be updating my link on American History/Public Domain Images.

      The images on the site are not all in Public Domain - but from what I
      read on the site, you can use them.

      Incredible Art Resources