For those writing curriculum

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I don't envy you one bit. I have just been browsing curriculum
      links.... some good...some bad.... Quite frankly can not decide what
      to do with them all.

      I read through the new Ohio Curriculum (On Ohio Department of Education site).
      I imagine your state has the pdf file online as well. I saved the Ohio
      Visual Art Standards to file.
      http://www.ode.state.oh.us/academic_content_standards/acsarts.asp#Fine_Arts_Academic_Content_Standards
      http://tinyurl.com/bhbpc

      Here is a site that has links to curriculum:
      http://artswork.asu.edu/arts/teachers/curriculum/links.htm

      Here is a site I looked at that focused on "essential understanding":
      http://www.usd266.com/depart/curriculum/teachers/finearts/indexfinearts.html
      Pretty basic curriculum maps (although they do get too project
      specific on some).

      This publication from NAEA might be helpful:

      No. 256 Creating Curriculum in Art

      By Phillip Dunn. Creating Curriculum in Art, newest in NAEA's Point of
      View Series, outlines the theoretical orientations for art curricula,
      the five critical areas for art curriculum development, an examination
      and analysis of curricular approaches, and a discussion of student
      evaluation and art program assessment. This book translates art theory
      into curriculum-and into daily practice for the art teacher,
      curriculum coordinator, and for the school administrator! Creating
      Curriculum in Art is a central text for anyone teaching art
      curriculum; anyone redesigning an art curriculum; anyone writing and
      planning an art curriculum; and anyone assessing an art curriculum.
      Creating Curriculum in Art is for the student, the young professional,
      as well as the experienced art educator! It is indispensable for
      teacher centers, libraries, and staff development collections.
      96 pgs. {1995} ISBN 0-937652-88-1
      $18.00; Member Price $11.00

      Incredible Art Resources