Call for articles for School Arts Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      Here is your chance to really advocate your program...

      Nancy Walkup posted this to Getty list:

      Call for Articles for SchoolArts Magazine
      (In addition to the appreciation you will get from your administrators for
      bringing national attention to your school, you will also get paid and get
      extra copies of the magazine)!

      We are currently seeking articles for the early childhood, elementary,
      middle school, and high school levels. If you have a lesson that you would
      like to share that is suitable for any one of these levels, then we
      encourage you to submit it for publication. In writing your article, keep
      these questions in mind: What is important to teach? Why is it important?
      How do you assess student performance? How do we advance art education? How
      do you teach for success?

      Review a recent issue of SchoolArts magazine. Notice the balance of
      photographs and text in feature articles (high-quality photographs and
      high-resolution digital images will reproduce well in the magazine). Good
      photographs of student artwork and close-up shots of the art-making process
      lead to the best design. Length of articles varies from 300 to 800 words.
      Please include the National Standard that applies to your lesson, along with
      your name, school address, e-mail address, and home mailing address.

      Send your article along with at least one high-quality color photograph or
      slide of a student solution to the art problem to:

      Nancy Walkup, Editor
      SchoolArts magazine
      2223 Parkside Drive
      Denton, TX 76201
      See the site for more guidelines. Nancy said she was looking for
      articles about Altered Books.

      Incredible Art Resources