Dover Publications - Good Source for Design ideas - plus FREE images

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2005
      Greetings Art Educators,

      I have been receiving the Dover Newsletter for a few weeks now and
      have saved many FREE clip art images to file for later use (for when?
      who knows? - but I have ornamentation, flowers, animals - you name it
      - all into separate folders on my machine). I am posting now because
      they have a HUGE summer sale going - great deals on a lot of books I
      had purchased in the past.

      See if this link takes you to the FREE clip art:
      http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler/0701/index.html

      Racinet's Ornamental Design is a beautiful book. I used it with many
      lessons (photocopies) - scanned in some and had students use the
      designs for various lessons via technology.

      You will also see Southwest Design, Mandala Quilt Designs (adaptable
      to collage and other media), Animals..... and much more on sale now.

      Lots of good resources on sale:
      http://store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/by-subject-summer-sale.html

      You even get free shipping on orders over $50.00. I used Dover Books
      for many lessons. I found that most of my students needed "jump
      started" for ideas... Money well spent. Many of my units were inspired
      by cultural patterns. There is nothing wrong with using images to
      inspire - many artists do (and I still view them as creative).

      My apologies for the "commercial" (smile) - but some commercials are necessary.

      Incredible Art Resources