Re: [art_education] Re: Ordering a Kiln

  • smjahnle@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5 11:24 AM
      In a message dated 6/5/2005 1:48:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      kenroar@... writes:

      An important thing that is frequently left out with
      this is that everyone forgets about the venting of the
      kiln. Make sure you get the proper ventilation
      included in this donation.

      Ken is so right about this aspect! We do not have a kiln in our newly
      constructed school addition because the art room was put in an area that lacks
      space for proper ventilation. (Teachers were not consulted before the
      architect's plans were approved!) I do have a great sink, though! SandyJ

    • go4art@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5 4:22 PM
        how exciting to get a kiln!!

        digital controler, vent system and lid lifter are important....a Skutt is a must :-) they have a brouchure on how to chose the right kiln for your use on their web site www.skutt.com