RE: [art_education] Next year's supply list...

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 5, 2005
      Hi Patti,
      I also use Prang. I purchase them through Nasco catalog. Their prices are
      always good and I buy the refills so I just keep using the same box and
      replace colors as needed. I've kept the same boxes for over 5 years so far.
      I never use glue sticks. I found I was being a glue Nazi with them. I was
      finding them frequently ruined and their effectiveness is so poor and yet
      expensive. I finally just tell the kids that if they want glue sticks they
      can bring them in.
      Hope that helps.
      Judy B

      Patti,

      Our local Wal-mart discontinued Prang watercolors last year. They
      were
      marked down on clearance and I bought the last 10 or so they had. (I
      prefer
      Prang and won't use Roseart at all)
      I keep some glue sticks for my students. If they ask for them, I
      explain
      that I do not recommend it as they don't seem to hold well, and I suggest
      they use Elmers, wood, or whatever is appropriate. If I have a stubborn
      (or
      lazy) student who insists on a glue stick, I let them use it. They may
      end up
      having to redo it with another glue later, but I figure they've learned a
      lesson from experience and won't soon forget it.

      Tina M.

      Do any of you use the glue sticks?...what are your pros-cons on
      this item? Also, can any of you get Prang watercolors at Walmart? All
      ours
      has is Crayola and Roseart, but I want Prang. I was thinking of
      requesting
      our local Walmart to stock this item for the new school year.

      Thanks again. I appreciate everyone's fabulous advice!
      Patti